Do you know the difference between the word “confused” and “Confusing”? Probably, you are now confused. Today, I’m gonna talk about the difference between adjectives ending with ‘ed’ and ‘ing’.
I Hope, the lesson will help you a lot.
Adjectives that end with -ed generally describe your emotion. They tell about your feeling.
- I was so bored with that lesson, I almost fell asleep.
- He was surprised to see Helen after all those years.
- She was really tired and went to bed early.
Adjectives that end with -ing generally describe the cause of your emotion. For example, a boring lesson makes you feel bored.
- Have you seen that film? It’s really frightening.
- I could listen to her for hours. She’s so interesting.
- I can’t sleep! That noise is really annoying!
Some More Adjectives with ‘ed’ and ‘ing’
Hey, you may want to read more about Adjectives. These lessons may help you:
Put a comment writing 2 example sentences with those 2 types of adjectives. You can also share your problems understanding the lesson.