Solution to SSC English 2nd Paper Question of Chattogram Board 2020
1. Fill in the blanks with the words from the box. You may need to change the forms of the words. You may need to use one word more than once:
3. Make Five sentences using parts of sentences form each column of the following table:
i. Newspapers present us news of home and abroad.
ii. It has great educative value too.
iii. They are useful to all section of people.
iv. They present us the outside world like a mirror.
v. It is really a part and parcel.
4. Complete the following text with the right form of verbs given in the box. You can use one verb more than once.
a) is considered
g) to rise
h) be compared
j) should endeavor
5. Change the narrative style of the following text:
The teacher asked the girl why she was laughing in the class. She replied that she had remembered an interesting incident after he had given the example. He asked what that was. She said that it was about one of her cousins who had come to their house the previous day. He told to forget that and be attentive to her lesson.
6. Change the following sentences according to directions:
a) Simple: Wherever casting our eyes, we notice the achievement of science.
b) Negative: The electricity lights not only streets but also the houses.
c) Passive: News, songs and lectures are broadcast by radio.
d) Complex: There is cinema which delights in the evening.
e) Positive: Very few inventions of modern science are as important as computer.
f) Assertive: None can go without it.
g) Comparative: Computer is not less important than Internet.
h) It helps us thus we can know about the world.
i) It is the greatest of all other inventions of modern science.
j) What a miraculous event the invention of computer is!
9. Add tag questions to the statements below
a) None of us can solve this problem, can they?
b) There is little water in the glass, is there?
c) One cannot deny the proposal, can one?
d) You need to see a doctor, needn’t you?
e) Nothing was said, was it?