After the lesson, you will know the followings:
- Definition of connectors in English grammar.
- Kinds of connectors in English grammar.
- What are the connectors in English grammar?
- How to use sentence connectors in English?
- Some of the important connectors.
Though, Although, Even Though, In spite of the fact that:
followed by a complete sentence. It can sit at the beginning or in the middle of the sentence. If it is placed at the beginning, we need to use a comma after the first clause.
Example: Although the students had not studied, they all passed their exams.
But / Yet:
Followed by a noun phrase or a sentence.
Example: The story is short but/yet interesting.
In spite of/ despite (V+ing):
It is placed at the beginning or in the middle of the sentence.
Example: He arrived on time despite/ in spite of starting late.
However, Nevertheless, Even so, On the one hand, On the other hand, On the contrary:
Example: He was quite ill. However, he went to school.
This movie is very interesting, whereas that one was quite boring.